Thursday 13 September 2012

The Make-Up Letter


[For all those who do not know, this is a sequel to this letter.]

Dear Chocolate,

You must be surprised to hear from me again. Especially after what happened between us. But the truth is, I have missed you. A lot, that too. And I wouldn’t have known about it if I’d not seen you at the store the other day.

Yes, I was at fault. I was the one who strayed. But then, you know how volatile I can be. This Coffee guy was a serious crush. Thanks to my project deadlines, we started seeing each other often. Whether it was a dull morning or some late night programming, he’d always be there, helping me to push through the day (or night). But it was only after I left you for him that I realized how terrible he is. My zombie-like eyes would agree to that. I’ve been deprived of sleep for the past couple of months. I still remember how you used to put me to sleep, and I miss that.

I tried moving on, met a couple of snacks, even fast foods, but none of them were as comforting or as delicious as you are. I thought of calling out to you, but my pride (and my diet) forbade me from doing so. But I don’t care about them anymore. I have become conscious of the fact that you and I belong together. Even though you add to my weight woes, I want you back. a li’l exercise on my part, and we’d both be happy this time.

I hope you find it in you to take me back.

Yours (Now) Faithfully,
Ankita.

No comments: