Wednesday 29 February 2012

Eka Lagnachi Masta Goshta!


After a long time, I find myself hooked on to a Marathi show. Not that I haven’t watched any earlier. I have grown up on a healthy diet of excellent Marathi shows, right from ‘Abhalmaya’ , 'Prapancha' to ‘Vadaalvaat’ & 'Shriyut Gangadhar Tipre'.  They told me what beautiful stories are about. 
But then, the new shows started getting crappy and I lost interest.

What brought my attention back was ‘Eka Lagnachi Dusri Goshta’ on Zee Marathi. Its such an amazing show! After all, when two completely different individuals, (Ghanshyam and Radha - I love that name!)  decide to get married, good humour is what you get. Add to that a huge family, mad characters, heartwarming dialogues and the outcome is nothing but a riot! So you have an adorable mother, a cousin who is a (pathetic) poetess, another cousin who is a lot more mature for his age, a mischievous grandmother, a dominating aunt (played brilliantly by Sukanya Kulkarni – its such a delight to watch her emote!) and a handful more crazy people! Another reason why I love it so much is that I find a lot of Radha in me. Her independence, her beliefs about marriage are very similar to mine. And she’s also shown to be very punctual!

Just why can’t they make more of such shows? *Sigh*.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Naaaaaaice!! I love this serial too :) Thanks to my ajji! wouldn't have known about it without her:) :)