Wednesday 22 August 2012

The Masala Factor?


I saw Rowdy Rathore. Probably, all my bad stars were at work that day. Everybody around me seemed to enjoy the film while I kept on ranting about how shitty it is. Anyhow, it got me thinking on how such films can cross the 100-crore mark when they don’t have even one scene that seems sensible. You either see Akshay Kumar leeching at the heroine, or hitting goons mercilessly; that of course when he is not at his silly antics or saying idiotic lines like ‘Don’t angry me’ (wow).

Now don’t try and tell me its a masala story. In that case, I’d prefer seeing some action movie from the 70’s. The dialogues are a lot funnier, if not more sensible than our Rowdy here. Here are some of my favourites:

- Police ne chaaro taraf se tumhe gher liya hai. (Some cool police that is!)

- Aaiye doctor sahib, main aapko bahar tak chhod deta hoon. (Yeah, our poor li’l doctor cannot find his own way)

-  Thehro! Yeh shaadi nahi ho sakti (Oh Shit)

- Inhe davaa ki nahi duaa ki zaroorat hai (Now whoever invented that is pure genius)

- Maa, mujhe naukri mil gayi Maa! (Saying Maa twice is absolutely necessary)

- Main tumhaare bacche ki maa bannewali hoon. (Epic)

No comments: